Weddings at the Chapel
Whether you are planning a large celebration or intimate affair, we are thrilled that you are considering Memorial Chapel for the location of your wedding. Anyone can be married at Memorial Chapel regardless of their affiliation to the University and cultural or faith background. Ceremonies of all sizes and traditions are welcome and can be accommodated in the majestic Main Chapel or quaint West Chapel. Our experienced and dedicated staff handles more than 100 weddings a year and is available to assist you every step of the way from your initial reservation to "I Do."
Weddings are held at Memorial Chapel on Saturdays and Sundays in both the Main and West Chapels in alternating time blocks so that no two ceremonies take place simultaneously. There are some weekends, however, that weddings can not be accommodated due to University of Maryland functions and holidays.
A wedding reservation at Memorial Chapel includes:
- 2 hours and 45 minutes in the Chapel on your wedding day (2 hours and 30 minutes in the West Chapel)
- A 90-minute rehearsal on the Thursday or Friday evening before your wedding
- The services of a Chapel Event Manager at your rehearsal and wedding
- The use of Chapel sound system, musical instruments, furnishings and altar pieces during your ceremony
- Two dressing/prep rooms for Main Chapel reservations or one dressing/prep room for West Chapel reservations on your wedding day
Wedding Ceremony Times
The times listed below denote the actual start times for wedding ceremonies. The times in parentheses denote the times for the entire wedding day reservation. It is recommended that your ceremony is 45 minutes or less in length. This will allow you to have enough time for photos and clean-up once your ceremony concludes.
Visiting the Chapel
If you would like to tour the Chapel our staff is available to meet with you Monday –Friday from 9:30 AM until 4:30 PM. Please call our Reservations Office (301-314-9866) to make an appointment so we can ensure that a member of our staff will be available to assist you.
To check the availability of your preferred wedding dates, you can fill out our online availability request form or call the Reservations Office at 301-314-9866.
Please note that the availability request form is NOT an official reservation.